Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Not-So-Bad Christmas Shopping List

When I was younger, I used to LOVE Christmas shopping with my mom and sister. It would be so much fun. Now that I have a toddler, it is really hard to grocery shop - let alone roam the mall looking for that perfect trinket for this person and that person.

Luckily, at Thanksgiving, my family decided that we would not buy for the adults, just the kids (2). But if you would like to buy a Christmas present for someone, you can do that - but do not exchange at Christmas Eve. This is kind of a wacky arrangement - you are allowed to show favoritism - as long as it is not viewable at the family gathering.

With Mark's family, it was decided that we would not buy for the adults, just kids (4). My sister in law and husband can buy gifts for their mom and grandma if they choose. This could be a slippery slope since my mother in law babysits for her (and has not babysat Ricky for even 5 minutes in his lifetime) so of course my sister-in-law will want to buy her something wonderful (super duper expensive).

So in all, here is my Christmas List:

Ricky, my toddler son - toys
Cousin (age 13) - money
Nephew (age 15) - money, maybe clothes
Nephew (age 12) - skateboard, skater clothes
Niece (age 9) - clothes, art supplies
Neighbor (age 3) - toys
Neighbor (age 5) - toys

My mom (major babysitter) from Ricky
My aunt (major babysitter) from Ricky
My cousin (age 26 - minor babysitter) from Ricky

My mother-in-law
My grandma-in-law

My 4 mommy friends & their families - homemade sugar cookies in xmas tin from Michaels
Ricky's toddler friend grab bag
My 9 co-workers(???)
My boss (??)

Not a bad list by any means. It's been a lot worse in the past and with the recent threats to malls by Al Qaeda, I am glad my list is so small.

I am screwed with my co-workers and boss. This is my first Christmas working here. I was told that everyone gives gifts to everyone. The knitters made scarves and trinkets for everyone. I am lost. Can't give homemade treats - that's too many people. I wouldn't be sleeping - I'd be a baking zombie. Guess I better brainstorm quickly!!!

No comments: