Monday, November 12, 2007

Library Adventures, Part 3

Just when I thought I've seen it all here, something happened when I worked last Thursday.

I was sitting at the Adult Fiction desk in the basement and had no idea that the following was taking place upstairs in Circulation:

Apparently, an older man burst through the front door of the library and locked himself in the Staff Kitchen and took a shit *everywhere*. When he came out, his pants, underwear, and excrement were around his ankles and he left a trail for about 20 feet before someone intervened. Many policemen were here and some said that this man had actually done this to a few businesses in the area before.

Very sad. I learned from my supervisor that this man was about to start a road trip and his family was waiting in the car. I also learned that he has done this before in 2 other businesses in the neighborhood. So I guess he's not the Crapping Bandit I thought he was. Time for Depends. Poor guy. How very embarassing. Don't know who to feel bad for more - this guy or our maintenance guy who had to clean up the mess!

No comments: