Friday, September 28, 2007

My Dear and Loving Husband of 5 Years


Today Mark and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary and I must say that I could not have found a better mate to share my life with. He has been so good to me and we have shared so many good things together. I love him with all my heart.

I must thank Mark for everything he has put up with from me all these 5 years of marriage and the 6 years of courtship before. Namely:

1. My messy desk that I have been cleaning....for 7 years

2. My procrastination habit

3. My long long hair that seems to land on every space of flooring in the house

4. My fear of bugs & insects & the fact that I yell for Mark to do it instead of doing it myself

5. My habit of getting American idioms wrong and Mark not saying anything when I pull the "my parents were immigrants" card

6. Living with my bad habit of putting my foot in my mouth around people we do not know ("So you live here with your mother," (when the guy lived there with his WIFE) "I'm sure your daughter walks just fine now..." (when her daughter was sitting in a wheelchair - I didn't see her) "So are you putting on your burka for your mother-in-law's benefit?" etc etc etc

7. My fear of the squirrel trap

8. My inability to understand ANY foreigners with any type of accent - even if they are speaking English

9. My love of seafood, books, and foreign films (not bad things, but things Mark's not really into)

10. blank - I'll let Mark fill this one in because I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting - although he may claim he needs more than one space to fill...

We had a great weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Little Ricky spent the weekend with my mother and we got a hotel room downtown. We walked around and went shopping, stopped to leisurely sip coffee - which I never get to do anymore, went out to dinner and had a blast. We also had brunch at the Signature Room - which I highly recommend. We had our wedding reception there and felt like going up there for a nice meal. The food was great and we stuffed ourselves so much we napped for 4 hours that afternoon!!

I love this time of year!

No comments: