Sunday, October 7, 2007

Recommended Reading: The Kite Runner & A Thousand Splendid Suns


It's been a very long time since I've had the pleasure of reading a book that I couldn't put down. This happened to me while I was reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I was moved by the book so much that I tackled the book he wrote after that one titled A Thousand Splendid Suns.

I picked up these books without really knowing much about them so I will do the same for those who come across my blog and decide they want to read the books. Khaled Hosseini is a wonderful story-teller and probably one of the best I have come across in the last few years of reading fiction.

I don't really get too much time at home to read, but I was addicted to these books so much that I was "stealing reads" of paragraphs in between washing dishes, folding laundry, and other household tasks. Little Ricky's nap-time has traditionally been my short window of opportunity to tackle chores - or a shower- and I was using his nap-time to get a few chapters read.

I'm thirsting for more books that I can't put down...

No comments: