Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Halloween Party Stalker

Mark and I are hosting a Halloween party for some of our friends. Since we will be buying and moving to my mother's house next year, this party will be our last for a while. My mom's house isn't really conducive to parties - not like our current house that has a big open basement complete with an orange funky bar.

Our friends James and Katie just moved to Hawaii. While they were living here, they hosted barbeques, halloween parties, and new years eve parties. So over the last few years we've come to be acquainted with their friends. All of their friends are so nice and we have been happy to also invite them to our own parties. Except for one person.

Katie befriended Sandra in the fourth grade. Both of their parents were also from Germany, and they seemed to have things in common. Although Katie and Sandra have become so different from one another over the years, Katie has had to keep Sandra as a friend because of their history and because their parents are such good friends.

Sandra is oh so annoying. While she starts off as nice, after a few hours the nice thing wears off and she always ends up saying really mean things. I could probably write a short novella listing all the crap she has said but I must give you one example. At one of James & Katie's gatherings, I was telling an expectant mother, Nicole, that my breasts became so large when I was nursing Ricky that I was a Double D. Sandra was passing by and overheard me say this and looked right at my boobs, laughed, and said that I didn't even look like an A cup now. I'm a B cup you bitch.

Mark and I grew tired of her a year or so ago, but she always managed to squeeze out an invitation out of us one way or another and that always left me and Mark SO incredibly annoyed.

Well this year, even though she received a verbal invitation from me at our friends wedding, I conveniently forgot to mail her an invitation. If she came to the party, that would be fine since I verbally invited her. But Mark and I weren't going to encourage her strongly by mailing out an invitation.

While I was working at the library this past Thursday night, she came to the library to seek me out. I was sitting at the desk among our CD and DVD collection, and there she was approaching me and I nearly shit in my pants.

To make a long story short, she basically came to the library to check if we were having a party or not because she hadn't received any confirmation. She remembered my work schedule - and to this I really had to pity her - who the hell takes the time to remember MY work schedule besides those it affects like my husband or babysitters? I wanted to not invite her so badly, but she was OH SO NICE that I wanted to punch her - which I did not do - but I did end up mentioning the party and UGH...inviting her butt to the party.

So she is coming to the party - through the back door - much later than the set 7pm time as her usual arrival. When I ate dinner with Mark that night after work - talking about Sandra - we just decided that this is THE very last time she will be invited to any of our parties and if anything, I suppose it will give us a lot to talk about the next day...or several days...

No comments: