Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Library Adventures Part 2

Yesterday will be known forever in my mind as "Gross Day" because in the 4 hours that I worked at the library, I was continually encountering gross incidents. I understand this happens once in a while when you work, but one can only take so much in a 4 hour window. Really, there were only 2 major incidents but they were pretty bad.

1. When I came to the AV desk to sit down, I noticed someone had placed an un-opened (thank god) maxi-pad on my desk.

2. A mom approached me with a book saying that her 14 year old son couldn't read the book because about 7 pages were stuck together with BOOGERS. She even fanned the pages of the book so I could see the pages stuck together. Thank god I had already eaten my lunch!

I am wondering why and how the maxi-pad managed to make its way onto my desk. I wasn't about to put it in the Lost & Found - because who would go there - inquiring with hope - that her maxi-pad would be there?

The Book of Boogers is pretty self-explanatory. You take pre-teens and they are at that stage where anything with boogers is exponentially funny. Still pretty gross. I felt bad for the person in Technical Services with the job of cleaning that up. What's next - someone wiping their butt with a book? The disrespect for books these days...

No comments: