Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Trip to the Botanic Garden









Last week Ricky and I went with my friend Liz and her daughter Helen to the Botanic Gardens. Helen and Ricky are one week apart in age and they play together very nicely. Ricky had a great time and tells me he wants to go back there.

I've been there a few times but never truly appreciated how great it is for toddlers. They can run and run and discover nature in a nice, friendly environment. Not to mention the fact that the mommies get lots of walking time in there - exercise.
The only bad part about the trip was that Ricky had some type of allergic reaction and his face got a bit puffy and he was scratching his arms and neck like crazy. So I had to give him some benadryl and the following day he had a slight fever. So I guess we won't be able to go back to nature too often.






No comments: