Saturday, July 5, 2008

Big Belly Busy Bee

Mark and I are almost finished going through *every* little piece of everything we own and packing and cleaning our house. So hopefully by this week we can list our house on the market.

Did I mention how tiring it is to pack and clean when you are pregnant with a 3 year old to entertain? My sister has been in town the last 2 weeks and she has helped me as much as she can and it's been great to have another set of hands to pack, lift, or just play ball with Ricky so I can relax or pack.

Now that my belly is big, we've been telling more people. I just hope that all goes well and this baby stays in my belly and is healthy. I guess my miscarriage last year has tainted me. I never really thought about miscarriage last time - I just expected to carry the baby to term - talk about taking things for granted.

Last night we went to a mommy friend's bbq and then we went to see some fireworks in a neighboring suburb. This is the same display Mark would take me to when we were dating, so it's kind of nostalgic. Ricky loved it. I imagined ourselves going again next year with a little baby in tow.

We're starting to get more excited about the baby but there is still a part of us that is trying to suppress the excitement because the threat of miscarriage looms over us. Still, I am letting myself enjoy my pregnancy and let go of all those somewhat negative feelings.

No comments: