Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why I Suck at Being a Public Librarian

I am the worst person with accents even though I grew up in a house full of them. I even had a hard time at Heathrow airport in London when the customs agent was questioning me. That's when you know you have a problem.

Tonight at the library, I was reminded of how much I suck at understanding people. An Asian lady had to ask me 8 times if we had East of Eden on DVD and I just couldn't understand her and asked her to write it down. She was visibly annoyed and once I read her request on paper, I felt like an ass.

On a separate note, I had the opportunity to see a woman's crotch from behind because she had a 6 inch rip at her crotch. I was tempted to tell her about it but it seemed like she knew and didn't care. I'm sure she must have felt some kind of draft with such a large hole and our super duper air conditioning system. Ew.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I liked this post - quite comical!

nancy said...

lol. that's awesome you didn't tell her.