Wednesday, August 6, 2008

He Spelled What?!

My sister was in town this week and we had the chance to play a game of Super Scrabble while Ricky took his afternoon nap. He eventually woke up and sat on my lap to see what we were playing. He asked several times if he could play too and we kept telling him that he can when he learns how to spell. Mind you, he is 3 and a half years old.

Suddenly he said, "Mommy, I can play Scrabble because I know how to spell! I can spell BRA. It's spelled B-R-A and you put boobies in them!! See, I'm a big boy and I can play Scrabble!!!"

My sister and I were shocked and laughed our butts off. I asked my husband and all our babysitters if they taught him that, and nobody is owning up to the deed. I am happy he can spell something, but not happy he is spelling that word. He starts pre-school on September 2nd and I can see the letters coming home from his teacher already. God help me!

3 comments:

Michael said...

LOL.

I think it's amazing how kids that age (like my son) connect the dots... A few weeks ago he heard me call my wife "a hottie." Then last week, when watching a YouTube clip of Katherine McPhee on American Idol, asked me, "Daddy, is this lady a hottie?" I nonchalantly said, "Sure." Of course, two days later when watching the same clip with his mom he said, "Mommy, Daddy said this lady a hottie." Thanks, son.

Gabriel also starts pre-school in two weeks... I'm going to keep my fingers cross that he (and by extension, me) doesn't get in trouble for connecting too many dots.

nancy said...

okay, that's really really really funny.

Lynda said...

Very funny!