Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A "Superbad" New Years Eve


This was a strange New Years Eve. For the last 5 years, we have always been invited to our friends' house and spent the evening there - but they recently moved to Hawaii and we miss them very much. Prior to that, Mark and I spent our New Years Eves with our friend Shane and his girlfriend - but they have since broken up and he goes home to Ohio over the holidays.


Mark and I were in limbo and didn't really know what felt right. For some reason, I always felt sad on this holiday - saying goodbye to the year and welcoming the new one with hope. It was always important to me to be having fun on this holiday and spending it with people who are important to me.


We invited our friend Peter and his girlfriend over for dinner and to ring in the new year. We watched "Superbad" and loved it. We had a great time with our friends.


Ricky slept in his room and we were able to celebrate - luckily he's a heavy sleeper. Last year he spent the night at my mom's and we missed him.


We got a snowstorm on New Years Eve and the flakes were huge. Here's a picture of them.

No comments: