Thursday, January 3, 2008

Lucky Start to the New Year

As a precaution, my sister advised me to use a small billfold instead of toting my entire wallet to work. This is because all the librarians' belongings are in the general office - and if the office is not locked, our stuff could be stolen in the blink of an eye.

Before work today, I stopped at Starbucks to get some coffee for myself and a co-worker and grab a sandwich for my dinner. I dug my billfold in my coat pocket and carried all my stuff to my car and drove to the library. I carried my large library tote bag, coffees, and dinner into the building and worked for 2 and a half hours and thought, hmmm....maybe I should check on that wallet of mine.

Wallet was missing. Not in my bag, not in my pockets. CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!

Thoughts of calls to the credit card company and the hassle of replacing my drivers license came to mind. Utter panic.

There, in the snow, next to the driver side of my SUV, was my wallet, covered in snow. I cannot even describe the relief I felt. I felt like lying down in that dirty snow.

Lesson learned - no more storage in those coat pockets.

What a lucky start to the new year. I hope this means that 2008 will be a lucky year for me.

No comments: