Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The JACKPOTTY Potty Training Chair

My mother enjoys slot machines and on her most recent visit last month, she came home with a toy slot machine for Ricky. She gave it to him without asking me about it - and to be honest Mark and I were not very happy about it. We didn't want Ricky to view slot machines as fun. My mom was tickled that Ricky loved it and we relented - maybe it was just harmless fun.....

So after going to Ricky's preschool open house and reading the form that says that children who cannot go to the bathroom independently without the use of pull-ups will NOT be admitted, I took Ricky to Wal-Mart to buy a potty toilet.

Granted, we already have the small Bob the Builder toilet seat that fits inside the adult toilet seat. The problem with this is that they cannot just go to the bathroom and sit if they want to - you need to help them and make sure they don't fall off the throne. So I opted to use both.

At the store, they had about 9 different potty chairs to choose from. I was expecting Ricky to pick Dora, but which toilet do you suppose he picked despite my protests, bribes, and begging?

1 comment:

Librarian Girl said...

Wow. That is a real thing? That you can buy?

That is funny.