Monday, January 21, 2008

Approaching Ricky's 3rd Birthday & the 3 P's - Party Planning, Preschool, Potty Training


Ricky will be turning 3 at the end of next month and this means a few things - the first being "Holy crap, I can't believe my baby will be THREE" and the second being "My my, how you have grown", and the third being "Mommy, you have lots of things to do!"

I like people we invite to our parties to actually attend, so I like giving people lots of notice. This requires lots of planning in advance. We decided to give Ricky a party with his friends at this place called Pump It Up - where they have lots of inflatable jumping contraptions and slides. We attended a birthday party there a few months ago and Ricky didn't want to leave and every once in a while he reminds me of that place and says he wants to go back. Making this decision was an easy one.

On the other hand, deciding where we should have the family party is another story. Mark's grandmother has bad knees and cannot do steps - so our house is out of the question - Even if she makes it to the first floor - she has to climb 4 steps to use the bathroom - and she won't use a Depends. So we have to have it at a restaurant - that has no steps. I don't think restaurants advertise that detail on their websites. Some research is required for this party.

The preschool Ricky will be attending in the fall is having an open house and we are excited to go. The idea of having Ricky attend preschool is great - he is ready - but also makes me want to cry. But that's for a different blog entry. Consequently, he will need to be potty trained by September and I am trying to figure out when & how we should do that. Another blog posting for later.....

No comments: