Sunday, September 26, 2010

Birthday Spent the Apple Way

It's my birthday today. I dragged Mark and the boys to an apple orchard in Wisconsin. We went apple-picking - which the boys loved. Teddy squealed every time he pulled an apple off because the branch would bounce back. It was hilarious. This orchard also had pig races, pony rides, hayrack rides, corn mazes, and a playground for Ricky and Teddy to enjoy.

The weather was nice and cool and totally perfect. Mark and I both got sunburned a bit - I didn't put sunscreen on anyone today because it was overcast this morning! Ricky is fine, and I think Teddy is too, but I will see in the morning. I should know better - I am vowing to wear it myself every day, and to keep it in my purse to put on the boys in case we end up outside for any reason.

My lump is still in my neck. I've been very good about not playing with it. I tried very hard to enjoy every minute of today just in case I don't make it to another birthday. In fact, I think I will try to stop and enjoy every day - not just on my birthday. You never know. Life is precious. Even if my lump ends up being nothing, I think it's a good reminder to enjoy every day. I want to savor all my moments with my boys.

2 comments:

The Captain's Wife said...

So glad you enjoyed your Birthday Carrie Ann.....wish you many many more....

Eden Riley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

You know, I clicked over thinking that you had bought something from the Apple shop - like an iPad or something. It's nice that you meant good old fashioned apples.

Mate, I order that new friend of yours to shrink, and scram. In that order. And you are SO RIGHT about enjoying every day. Every. Single. Day. Is amazing. Realz.

XOXOXOX