Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Toddler Class Registration Drama

I love my mommy friends. And this is a big deal because it's so hard to find good girl friends. Girls are mean. Last fall, I registered Ricky for a toddler interaction class at the park district and made some friends. In all, there are 4 of us who are close, and then about 3 moms and 1 dad who like to get together for playdates at the park, but basically nothing else. Maybe I'll call them Satellite Mommy Friends.

Anyway, this past monday was the online registration for fall classes. There is a spectacular (so I hear) toddler gymnastics class offered at a gymnastics center and the classes fill quickly. My mommy friends and I were talking about the class all last week, back and forth, trying to figure out who was registering for what class, etc. etc. By Sunday at lunchtime, Amy and I were going for the Tuesday class and Lori and Michelle were going for the Friday class.

I thought I would nice and let the Satellite Mommy Friends know what we were doing so they wouldn't be pissed off at us later when they find out that we went for a class and didn't tell them. Never mind the fact that they never call us or that they come to a playdate every 2-3 weeks.

So I called 2 of them. I spoke to Shaun and told her who was going for what class. I left Rachel a voicemail and said that if she is interested, to give me a call.

By Sunday at dinnertime, the 4 of us Mommy Friends decided to all go for the Wednesday class and then if we couldn't get in, to go for the respective Tuesday and Friday classes we were eyeing.

I remembered the Satellite Mommy Friends at 10:30pm. Too late to call Shaun, who goes to bed early, and manages to have 2 year old twins who sleep til 9am. Rachel didn't even call me back. So I took that to mean she wasn't interested. I was tired of being the group secretary and thought that they were lucky I even let them know.

I will spare you the drama of the stupid website and all the problems we all had, but basically all 4 of us were able to get our kids into the Wednesday class. yay.

Shaun calls Amy and finds out that she and I got into the Wednesday class. They had a playdate together yesterday with Michelle - who managed to avoid telling Shaun that she got into Wednesday also. OOPS. Shaun hasn't called me. When we move next year, she will live 3 houses away from me. EEK.

Rachel called me yesterday (3 days late) and says thanks for telling me about the class and she got into the Friday class with Lori and Michelle. I told her that I said to call me back on the voicemail and since she didn't call me back, I took that to mean she wasn't interested. So actually the 4 of us are all in the Wednesday class. Thankfully, she wasn't mad at me - she is actually going to be in the class with a girlfriend of hers.

I don't think there should be so much drama regarding a toddler tumbling class. But I guess we are human and we are a bunch of GIRLS. Mark always laughs - but he wants to hear all about it. I am glad I married a guy who enjoys gossip - otherwise I would be one lonely girl.

No comments: