Saturday, August 11, 2007

Library Adventures

In the last 2 days that I have worked at the library, patrons have approached me and turned in the following items:

1. a blank check left at the xerox machine (not signed but still bad enough)
2. a full wallet (I mean thick with money and cards)
3. a cell phone (a really nice one)

I know it's hot outside and all, but people, let's be a little smarter!! I am just happy that people in this community are honest enough to turn in the stuff.

Also, when I worked a few nights ago, a female patron in her 60s approached my desk and told me that the handicapped stall in the ladies' bathroom had a problem - lots of TP everywhere and she suspected a plumbing issue. I didn't investigate as I was afraid and we have our own staff restrooms. Besides, bathroom duty was not on my job description and I wasn't going after extra credit. So I emailed the maintenance guy with the problem. He fixed it but was utterly disgusted by what he saw. He is not saying hello to me anymore.

No comments: