Thursday, February 14, 2008

Our Valentines Day Tradition


About 11 years ago when Mark and I weren't even near dating, I had a mad crush on him and wanted him to know. So I baked him some heart-shaped brownies (complete with red m&m in the middle) and mailed them to him in college.

After I sent the package off, I realized that I remembered he said he didn't like chocolate. I tried to get my package back but the post office would not give it back to me.

Mark called me a few days later to thank me and said that he brought the brownies to the art studio and his fellow art students helped him eat them.

Somehow, through the years, Mark has grown to like chocolate more and more. Like I do every year on Valentines Day, I baked him these. I asked him if he wanted to bring them to work to share with his co-workers and he said no - that he wanted to eat them himself!

No comments: