Monday, October 25, 2010

Hoping to Be Lucky

This is the Rainbow swing set we finally had installed on Friday at the house we're moving to. I know it's late, but things on the house renovation front were late, and since we already paid a deposit on the darn thing back in MAY, we decided to just get it in case the company went under or some other unfortunate thing happened.

Chicago is expecting a horrible storm tomorrow - with gusts and bad stuff comparable to a category 3 hurricane. The articles say that Chicago hasn't had a storm this bad in over 100 years. It doesn't help that they are calling this storm the 'Great Lakes Cyclone." Holy shit!!

My boys played on this twice so far. I am hoping that by blogging about my fear that the storm will blow our swing set away will prevent it from somehow happening. I realize this is silly - there are far more important things to worry about with a storm - getting hit by flying debris, tornadoes, the safety of loved ones, losing electricity, etc. But my kids only played on this twice and I'm scared we'll wake up tomorrow to a phone call from our future neighbors saying it's landed on their garage! Crossing all fingers and toes tonight!!

No comments: