Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sleep & My Latest Read


For once in several weeks, I actually feel well rested. It finally worked! After about 3 nights of hardcore putting Teddy down to bed after nursing, he is finally not crying and putting himself to sleep!!! yay! Thank god all the crying is over - it was driving us all nutts. He only got up twice last night to eat. Then again, I would burp him and rock him for about 5-10 minutes and then put him in his crib and leave the room. No crying. I could kiss Dr. Weissbluth's book. 

On the day to day front, we have a birthday party to go to at dinnertime and I still don't have a gift. It's raining here and I hate dragging the boys out in good weather, let alone crappy weather. My mom might be able to watch them during her lunchtime so I can go out and get a present quickly. 

I just finished a light read - kind of chick lit book called, "The Undomestic Goddess" by Sophie Kinsella. A librarian I work with recommended it to me. I had asked her for a book that was light, easy to read, and enjoyable. This book was exactly what this stay-at-home-mom needed to read. The book is about a high powered lawyer in London who is working her ass off to be partner and things happen and she ends up as a housekeeper. It's a nice story - and pretty funny. I could see a movie being made - like her Shopaholic book - which of course, I checked out of the library to read next. 

When do I read? When the boys nap, when Ricky is playing video games and ignoring me anyway, and any time I find myself on the couch - like 10 minutes after eating lunch or dinner, I'll read a few pages. I used to be *such* a bookworm my entire life and it's been really hard for me to keep up that hobby. 

Anyway, I'm going to steal 15 minutes now to watch more of an "L Word" episode now. I love that show, and no, you don't have to be a lesbian to relate. It's about a bunch of girlfriends. And yeah, they kiss and have sex once in a while but who cares. I totally recommend it. 

2 comments:

SS said...

Hi there! I've stumbled upon your blog after doing some blog-hopping. I'm a library addict (which I guess also defines me as a book addict), and "The Undomestic Goddess" is a favorite of mine. I never got into the Shopaholic series, but I did really like "Can You Keep A Secret?" by Kinsella. Glad you're getting some rest now!
SS

Heather said...

Looks like a good read. I'll have to check it out. I've read some of her other books and they are really good.