Friday, March 2, 2012

If You Are Crazy and You Know It HIT MY CAR!

The party was great. Twenty-two first grade boys - are we crazy? Yes we are. Everything went well. Some parents stayed and it was nice because the bowling alley is a public place, afterall - we were responsible for all these kids. I asked my cousin and her friend to help me watch them so they sat there and just watched the boys and told me if anyone was wandering off. Then after 2 hours we moved to the lounge where the breakdancers performed. They were very good. We ate cupcakes and I ordered pizza and drinks for the dancers. Then the breakdancers taught all our little guests how to dance. I told Ricky I expect to see some moves at home!

So it's official: I am not driving the first Thursday of every month if I can help it. Last month, on the first Thursday, that crazy woman hit me. Yesterday, I was ONE BLOCK away from my house with Ricky's BFF in the backseat on our way to pick up Ricky and I moved to the side to allow two cars to pass who were coming from the opposite direction. The man wanted me to go, so I went, and I had no idea that the black car behind me decided to just GO. So she crashed into me. We pulled to the side and she was older than me and crying and clutching her arm. She said she thought she was having a heart attack and was on her way to the hospital!!! I offered to call her an ambulance or to drive her to the hospital myself (even though I really didn't want to and would be super inconvenienced - but I can't let someone just die in the street!). So we exchanged information and went on our way.

My car now has a minor scratch about 4 feet long. Uggghhhhhh........we're not going to bother to fix it. It's not even that noticeable. I am surprised I didn't have more damage - it seemed like she really smashed into me. LUCKY in a very un-lucky situation.

The first incident a month ago happened about 5 blocks away from my house. This one was 1 block away. I have concluded that the women in my neighborhood should not be driving (crazy & thinking she is having a heart attack) and have poor judgement.

Anyway, at least we are all okay. I am excited about this weekend - seeing my cousin's play with my sister and BIL and taking the boys to the train show.

And now I have even more DVDs I have to watch and no clue when I will watch them:

Tree of Life
Contagion
Midnight in Paris
Anonymous
Friends With Benefits
Parenthood Season 2

Hopefully I'll be able to sit down with Mark tonight and watch one so we can return it to the library.

In other news, I've been asked to moderate a new book club aimed at hip-ish, young-ish people in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. I'm excited about this and can't wait to get it started. We'll be meeting in restaurants and bars. Should be fun.

2 comments:

The Captain's Wife said...

Would love for you to share your book club selections here as well!
21 little kids AND their parents? Yup totally crazy!

Carrie Ann said...

I will definitely blog about our book club selections! Wish you could come to it!