Thursday, February 23, 2012

Flying (with no broomstick)

Ricky's 7th birthday party is Saturday and we've been so busy getting ready for that. 23 first grade boys at the bowling alley - we will be wiped out for sure. Ricky loves to dance - a lot. He got it from Mark. I wish someone was getting married right now because Ricky sure can bustamove! So back in November he said, "Mom, if you and dad give me a birthday party, can I please have a breakdancer at the party?" So I started looking and found a group of 7 breakdancers to come and dance at the party before we have cake. They are very nice guys and will also teach the boys some dance moves - so they're not just bringing home a goody bag - they'll have some moves for mom and dad as well.

Then afterwards, we're having our family party back at our house. No idea what food to order for that and of course my mom asks me every 10 minutes if I've ordered the food yet. I should really bake more stuff for that - Ricky's favorite cookies and treats. Oh yeah, and clean the house.

I just have to find the energy to fill all those treat bags tonight. After work I'm going to get his birthday presents and I have no clue what to get. Maybe a Kinect game, some Star Wars stuff.

With Ricky's allergy, I am baking the cupcakes rather than ordering a cake he can't eat. Not sure when I'll have time to do that - will most likely be making in the middle of the night I am sure.

Ricky's gone to 2 birthday parties in the last week at different jumpy places and I've been meeting more of the parents of the boys in his class and they are very nice. Ricky also attended the birthday party of a set of twins from his old school. It was nice catching up with the parents I haven't seen in a while - the nice parents.

I just can't believe my baby will be 7! Time really flies.

On the domestic front, our water heater decided to die on Monday night. We were lucky that Mark happened to decide to take a trip down to the basement (at 2am) when he saw the water trickling on the floor. It just started. So we've been nomads all week - showering at my mom's every night - and washing our hands and faces with ICE COLD water. Plumber is installing the new water heater tomorrow. You really take all these things for granted.

Mark just finished our pantry. We bought all our stuff when Container Store had their sale earlier this month. It looks great and I spent many hours yesterday organizing it and I'm not done!

On the movie front, I watched Breaking Dawn part 1. I liked those books a lot. The movies, not so good. I still do not like Kristin Stewart as an actress. She always seems pained and constipated. She would have been a good Leather Tuscadero on Happy Days.

I also watched Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. I read the book last year. I watched it with Mark and we liked it. It was odd that they used the same actresses to play the past and present though.

I still have Tree of Life but haven't had time to watch it yet. Waaaaaayyyy over due! Hear it's good.

It will be a great weekend to be sure. Then I will collapse.

1 comment:

A said...

I too have Tree of Life that I can't seem to finish in one sitting. Here's hoping I get to finish it before Sunday. :)