Thursday, November 4, 2010

Play Date Drama

Liam has a classmate named Kyle who we've known since preschool. His mom and I agree that they make good friends because she wants Kyle to pick up Ricky's good manners and behavior in school and I want Ricky to pick up Kyle's boyish roughness and physical abilities.

Kyle's mom and I have been trying to schedule an afterschool play date for a few weeks and during free play at school the two boys were playing with Legos. Ricky told me that Kyle took one of Ricky's "guys" and wouldn't give it back to Ricky. Ricky said he gave Kyle 3 choices.

1. Give the toy back to him
2. Ricky will tell the teacher - and then he will have to give the toy back to him anyways
3. No play date at our house

Kyle picked no play date!!!

I find it hilarious that Ricky gave his friend 3 choices (who does he think he is???). Yet, I was beside myself about what the hell I was going to tell Kyle's mom. Ricky didn't want the play date because he was still annoyed with Kyle for not returning the toy and he said that no play date was Kyle's decision. It was pretty convenient that Teddy's been sick since last week. I emailed her that I had to postpone once again.

Ricky asked me to call up Kyle's mom and tell her the story but I couldn't do that. I can't call up another mom and tell her how her son was mean to mine. I mean, I could - I should - but there's this hesitancy. I couldn't do it without feeling like an ass.

Anyways, Teddy is getting better so I will email her to play afterschool one day next week.

In another part of my life, we've been getting estimates from several painters to paint the other house. Then we have to get the floors done. I really want to be there for Christmas!!


No comments: