Monday, November 1, 2010

The Best Treat

As a kid, do you remember the *best* treat you got for Halloween while trick-or-treating? Mine is a popcorn ball. It was yummy and just different. I believe Ricky got his yesterday - COTTON CANDY!!

This is Ricky (vampire) and Teddy (lion) trick-or-treating yesterday in a very nice, generous, Halloween happy neighborhood in Chicago. Our friends invited us to join them because their block goes CRAZY on Halloween - the street is blocked off and the people give out full-size candy, and the decorations are like Christmas-style - only Halloween. They were totally right. It was amazing and super fun for Ricky.

People and their friends were sitting on their porches giving out candy, the decorations were totally amazing, there are kids (like ours) who come from all different neighborhoods just to trick or treat on this block. The adults were dressed up too. It was a huge party. Our friends bought over 1000 pieces of candy and ran out by 6p.m. It was so over the top, that it's not surprising that Ricky got cotton candy as a treat. I just can't imagine how much that person spent!!

In fact, here is a picture of Ricky, posing with a neighbor who is dressed as Dracula. He was funny, he saw Ricky and said, "Come here, son of Dracula!!!" so Ricky went up to him and they posed for this picture.

I was super hung-over from a Halloween party we attended the night before. I was Snow White and Mark was Papa Smurf! I thought I was being a responsible parent by *not* getting drunk and sipping 3 small cups of Sangria throughout the whole night - okay, I had 2 buttery nipples in there as well. I also drank 3 bottles of water and was never drunk, or even buzzed the whole night. And yet, when I woke up Sunday morning, I had the most god-awful headache in the world - and felt like crap. So trick-or-treating was a haul for me - because I felt like crap but had to be fun for the boys. Thank god Mark was with me and took care of the boys all day and night.

The boys had a blast. Now it's time to put all our decorations away for next year!

No comments: