Monday, January 11, 2010

The Me I Wanna Be

I always thought new year's resolutions were always cheesy - and you never stick to them. But since last year was kind of crappy - with the exception of Teddy's birth, I decided to make a few for myself and try to stick to them as long as I can. I decided that in order to make my goals realistic, I had to be realistic and not be too hard on myself. So here they are - not in any special order:

1. Exercise at least 3 times a week - we have a treadmill in the basement so I really have no excuse especially if Mark is home and can watch the kids for me.

2. Eat healthy - with more fruits and vegetables. Limit french fries to SIX. Do not eat anything past 7 p.m. And for god's sake, stop eating so much freaking chocolate!!!

3. Keep the house cleaner & less cluttered. Watch "Hoarders" on A&E if inspiration is needed. (it really works - especially the episode with the lady who had 2 cat corpses - in different rooms - under all her piles of crap)

4. Blog more instead of the once a month - or once every few months - as I had been doing. Really work on my other blog

My goal is to lose 10 pounds in the next few months. I didn't set a date because there are days when nobody can watch Teddy for me - so I don't get to exercise. I figure that changing my eating lifestyle will have an eventual impact on my weight - whether it be immediate or a few months from now. I used to be between 106 and 110 my entire life - until I moved in with Mark in 2000....happy pounds and 2 babies later - I have a lot of weight to lose. Right now fluctuate between 145 and 150 and this is not the place where I want to be.

I blew one and two over the weekend already when I drank a whole bottle of red wine by myself and eat a ton of nachos and chocolate at a friend's party....oh well you have to live a little I guess!!


No comments: