Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Lesson on Race

Our local outdoor shopping mall has a mini park that's hilly where kids love to run around. The other day we all ventured out there because I had some presents to buy. I left the boys with Mark and went on my way. Teddy slept in the stroller and Ricky played in that park for about an hour.

When we were going home, I asked Ricky about the park and asked him who he played with.  

Ricky said, "I played with a boy, but I didn't ask his name. He didn't look like any of my friends."

I said, "Oh really? Who did he look like?"

Ricky said, "The boy I played with looked like James Brown!"

I tried not to laugh and later found out from Mark that the boy Ricky played with was Indian. We talked about race in a car for a little bit - as long as a four year old boy was interested.

No comments: