Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Teddy at 4 Months & my Crappy mother's day

Here is Teddy at four months old. How time flies. I have been awful with the pictures - I take them but never get around to developing them. They all sit on my card. As the second kid in my family, I used to whine about how the second kid gets the crappy end of the stick - and I vowed I wouldn't do that to Teddy, and look at me - I'm doing it. bad mommy, bad mommy.

Mother's Day was pretty crappy for me. I hate that holiday usually - it's a hallmark holiday and a day to make you feel guilty for everything your mom does for you - at least that's what I used to think. I wanted to spend the day doing nothing if I wanted. I got bullied into a lunch with my in-laws by my mother in law. When someone tells you that they prefer not to do something 3 times, isn't that your cue that they are politely saying no?? 

When we got to the restaurant, I needed to sit in the corner, so we could put the baby carrier there and if I needed to nurse, I could do so with plenty of room. But no, my mother in law sat there - and Mark asked her if I could sit there because of the baby, and she said no, that she is left handed and needed to sit there. What a beeyatch. I ended up sitting in the worst spot - smack in the middle of the walkway where the waiters enter/leave with food. I spent the whole lunch standing and holding a crying Teddy (because the restaurant was so noisy) and when I had to nurse him, my sister in law put a chair in the corner for me behind my mother in law - facing the wall. Now, do you think maybe my mother in law would offer up her seat when she saw what a hard time I was having? No way. 

That was the worst lunch. Mark held a crying Teddy while I shoveled the food in my mouth - it was cold and I didn't even get to taste it. I was so mad when I got home - at least I met my mom at the book store to browse in peace and quiet and have a cup of coffee!! 

In any case, Teddy's christening is this saturday so we've been busy getting ready for that. We're having a lunch here at our house afterwards. We just got new furniture for Ricky - and we got rid of our office so he has that room now. I've been busy organizing the boys' clothes and toys and I'm still not finished! 

My mother in law was nice and emailed me that she's bringing 2 dishes. I called her the B word to my husband's face on mothers day before leaving for the bookstore. I think she didn't think she was being selfish by sitting in the best spot. I think people are just stupid and don't know better.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sorry to hear your MIL was being so byatchy. My actual mother has been that way lately. Oh well. Happy Mother's Day! Have fun with the christening.